Delhi cop shoots, injures man
New Delhi: A Delhi Police constable reportedly shot a 25-year-old man with his service pistol in a residential flat in a police station complex here, an officer said Sunday. The policeman has been arrested.
Rakesh was critically injured by Constable Ranbir Tomar after a scuffle broke out during a drinking session Saturday night in a flat inside the premises of Jagatpuri Police station in east Delhi.
"Constable Ranbir Tomar had invited two friends, Udaiveer and Rakesh at the barrack where they consumed alcohol. A scuffle broke out among them due to some issue and Ranbir opened fire at Rakesh," said a police officer.
Rakesh was found lying in a pool of blood while Udaiveer ran away from the spot. Tomar was arrested.
Rakesh was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital and later to Lok Nayak Jaya Prakash Narayan Hospital in central Delhi.
"Rakesh received a bullet injury on his face. His condition is critical but stable," the officer said.
According to a police officer, the reason for the scuffle is yet to be verified and the matter is being investigated.
A case under section 307 (attempt to murder) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of Indian Penal Code has been registered. Police Sunday arrested Udaiveer from east Delhi.
A departmental inquiry has also been ordered into the incident, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal