Delhi: Cop stabbed to death in redlight area
New Delhi: A constable was stabbed to death, while another injured in a redlight area in central Delhi when they intervened in a scuffle early this morning, police said.
The incident took place in G B Road around 12:30 am and the deceased has been identified as Vijender. Four alleged attackers, including a minor, were apprehended.
Head constable Baljeet and constables Vijender and Sandeep, who were deputed at the police picket near HDFC bank ATM for night duty, saw a youth running out of a brothel who sought their help.
The youth told the policemen that he was beaten up inside and four persons were coming to kill him.
The attackers also came to the spot by then.
The policemen then intervened and prevented them from attacking the youth.
"The attackers tried to flee and in between the minor boy asked his associates to stab the policemen otherwise they will be caught. Then Suraj (22) allegedly slashed the Sandeep`s face with a knife and stabbed Vijender on his abdomen. Soon, more policemen rushed to the spot and apprehended them," a senior police official said.
The policemen were rushed to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan hospital where Vijender was declared brought dead while Sandeep and the youth, who were injured, are undergoing treatment.
Besides Suraj and the minor boy, police also arrested Ashish and Manoj in connection with the case later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum