Delhi cop suspended for shouting slogans at CM`s swearing-in
New Delhi: A Delhi Police constable`s over enthusiasm landed him in soup as he was suspended for climbing a barricade and shouting slogans during the swearing-in ceremony of Chief Minster Arvind Kejriwal and his cabinet ministers.
The constable, identified as Rajesh Kumar, was posted with the fourth battalion of the Delhi Armed Police and deployed at the Ramlila Ground for crowd management on Saturday.
According to eye-witnesses, instead of performing his duty, Kumar allegedly flung his beret cap in the air, climbed the barricade and started shouting slogans supporting Kejriwal. He even demanded that the Delhi Police be brought under the city government.
His colleagues had to intervene and bring him down. He was then taken out of the venue, police said.
Kumar, who hails from Rajasthan and joined the police force in 2010, has been suspended and a departmental inquiry has been initiated against him for insubordination, they said.
A senior police official said that he was wearing uniform and was on duty when he performed this act, which is sheer indiscipline.
"If he wanted to express his personal views, he should have done it privately," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?