Delhi cops finds diary of Def Ministry official
The diary was recovered from the flat in Hudco Place in
south Delhi where Kumar Yashkar and his wife Archana Sharma
were found dead on Friday.
The official said Yashkar has written that he was "being
pressurised during work".
Asked whether the officers named in the diary will be
questioned, the official said they were examining the matter
and they were talking to his family and colleaugues.
Yashkar, who was Deputy Director in the Directorate
General of Medical Services, and his wife Archana were found
dead in their flat on Friday afternoon.
Police had registered a case of murder suspecting that the
official probably strangled his wife before committing
Yashkar`s brother had told police that the officer was
dealing with RTI applications and that he had indicated that
there were pulls and pressures.
The couple had a healthy relationship, their family said,
and Yashkar had spoken to one of relatives on Thursday night.
"I met Kumar Yashkar last month. He came along with his
wife and they were so cordial and it was very pleasant
"When I asked him about the work, in a light mood he told
me that he is working on RTI issues and a lot of confidential
and sensitive issues that were giving him little bit of
stress," said Diwakar Tejaswi, his cousin.
Investigators suspect that the deaths took place between
11 PM on Thursday, when Yashkar had a telephonic chat with his
relative, and 7 AM Friday as Yashkar had not picked up
newspapers which were delivered at that time, police said.
Police are also examining phone call details of Yashkar to
find out whether he had received any suspicious calls.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- FDI up 37% after launch of 'Make in India'
- Priyanka Chopra to attend White House Correspondents' dinner
- SHOCKING! 10 year-old-boy beaten up for tearing Trinamool Congress posters
- Pakistan jumps into Kohinoor controversy, says diamond was gifted to England
- Despite complete ban, four die after consuming spurious liquor in Bihar