Delhi cops probe love angle over woman`s murder
New Delhi: Investigators were looking into a possible love angle behind the murder of a woman whose chopped body parts, except the head and hands, were recovered from a canal here the day before, police said Saturday.
The woman, aged between 18-20, might have been killed by her estranged lover, said an investigation team officer, who did not wish to be named.
The officer told IANS that they were trying to identify the victim.
"An old wound mark was found on the victim`s thigh but it was not enough to identity her," said the officer.
"The legs of the woman were found from a canal in west Delhi`s Sagarpur area around 8.30 a.m. Friday while the trunk of the victim was recovered a few metres away after an extensive search," Additional Commissioner of Police A.K. Ojha told IANS.
It seems the body of the woman was chopped into pieces after killing her at another place, Ojha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?