Delhi cops probe love angle over woman`s murder
New Delhi: Investigators were looking into a possible love angle behind the murder of a woman whose chopped body parts, except the head and hands, were recovered from a canal here the day before, police said Saturday.
The woman, aged between 18-20, might have been killed by her estranged lover, said an investigation team officer, who did not wish to be named.
The officer told IANS that they were trying to identify the victim.
"An old wound mark was found on the victim`s thigh but it was not enough to identity her," said the officer.
"The legs of the woman were found from a canal in west Delhi`s Sagarpur area around 8.30 a.m. Friday while the trunk of the victim was recovered a few metres away after an extensive search," Additional Commissioner of Police A.K. Ojha told IANS.
It seems the body of the woman was chopped into pieces after killing her at another place, Ojha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble