Delhi cops probe love angle over woman`s murder
New Delhi: Investigators were looking into a possible love angle behind the murder of a woman whose chopped body parts, except the head and hands, were recovered from a canal here the day before, police said Saturday.
The woman, aged between 18-20, might have been killed by her estranged lover, said an investigation team officer, who did not wish to be named.
The officer told IANS that they were trying to identify the victim.
"An old wound mark was found on the victim`s thigh but it was not enough to identity her," said the officer.
"The legs of the woman were found from a canal in west Delhi`s Sagarpur area around 8.30 a.m. Friday while the trunk of the victim was recovered a few metres away after an extensive search," Additional Commissioner of Police A.K. Ojha told IANS.
It seems the body of the woman was chopped into pieces after killing her at another place, Ojha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan