Delhi cops take accused to Saibaba`s darshan through VIP gate?
Shirdi: A Delhi Police team took an accused along with them for a `darshan` of Saibaba at the famous shrine here through a VIP entrance on Saturday, temple PRO Mohan Yadav claimed.
He said it could not, however, be ascertained who the accused was and whether the team brought him to Maharashtra in connection with interrogation of crime here.
A three-member team of Delhi Police, led by a woman officer, purchased VIP passes for Rs 400 for four persons, including the accused, from the counter of the Shirdi Saibaba Trust`s Public Relations Office at around 8 am, he said.
According to him, the security personnel at the VIP gate took objection to the team taking the accused along with them in handcuffs for darshan.
However, the police squad removed the cuffs and chain and took the accused for a `darshan` ignoring the temple security officers, sources said.
The PRO said they were not aware that the police squad was carrying the accused along with them when they issued VIP passes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why