Delhi cops take accused to Saibaba`s darshan through VIP gate?
Shirdi: A Delhi Police team took an accused along with them for a `darshan` of Saibaba at the famous shrine here through a VIP entrance on Saturday, temple PRO Mohan Yadav claimed.
He said it could not, however, be ascertained who the accused was and whether the team brought him to Maharashtra in connection with interrogation of crime here.
A three-member team of Delhi Police, led by a woman officer, purchased VIP passes for Rs 400 for four persons, including the accused, from the counter of the Shirdi Saibaba Trust`s Public Relations Office at around 8 am, he said.
According to him, the security personnel at the VIP gate took objection to the team taking the accused along with them in handcuffs for darshan.
However, the police squad removed the cuffs and chain and took the accused for a `darshan` ignoring the temple security officers, sources said.
The PRO said they were not aware that the police squad was carrying the accused along with them when they issued VIP passes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred