Delhi cops take accused to Saibaba`s darshan through VIP gate?
Shirdi: A Delhi Police team took an accused along with them for a `darshan` of Saibaba at the famous shrine here through a VIP entrance on Saturday, temple PRO Mohan Yadav claimed.
He said it could not, however, be ascertained who the accused was and whether the team brought him to Maharashtra in connection with interrogation of crime here.
A three-member team of Delhi Police, led by a woman officer, purchased VIP passes for Rs 400 for four persons, including the accused, from the counter of the Shirdi Saibaba Trust`s Public Relations Office at around 8 am, he said.
According to him, the security personnel at the VIP gate took objection to the team taking the accused along with them in handcuffs for darshan.
However, the police squad removed the cuffs and chain and took the accused for a `darshan` ignoring the temple security officers, sources said.
The PRO said they were not aware that the police squad was carrying the accused along with them when they issued VIP passes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’