Delhi court acquits four in IMA attack conspiracy
New Delhi: A local court on Friday acquitted four
men who were accused of hatching a conspiracy to attack the
Indian Military Academy (IMA) at Dehradun in 2005 but held two
LeT members guilty of possessing explosives.
In a judgement, Additional Sessions Judge Dharmesh
Sharma, absolves Haroon Rashid, Mohd Iftikhar, Masood Ahmed,
Maulana Dilawar Khan of the charges relating to waging war
against the country, related offences under the IPC and other
offences under the Explosives Substances Act and the Unlawful
Activities (Prevention) Act.
The court, however, convicted Hameed Hussain and Mohd
Shariq who were arrested on March 5, 2005, with 10.5 kg RDX in
According to the prosecution, Haroon, Iftikhar, Masood
and Dilawar had prepared a plan to attack the IMA in Dehradun.
The Delhi police`s special cell had unearth the alleged
conspiracy following the arrest of Hameed and Shariq.
After their arrest, an encounter had taken place at Uttam
Nagar in West Delhi in which two Pakistani and their Indian
associate were killed by the police.
Police arrested four others in March and May, 2005, and
allegedly recovered a map of Dehradun and a book containing
details of IMA from their possession.
According to the police, the accused had conspired to
carry out a fidayeen attack at IMA.
The court would pronounce the order on sentence against
the two convicts on January 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark