Delhi Court acquits youth accused of raping girl
New Delhi: A Delhi Court has acquitted a youth accused of abduction and rape of a girl after allegedly giving her sedatives, on the ground that everything between them was consensual.
Additional Sessions Judge Virender Bhat let off a Delhi resident of the charges, saying the court has not found any "iota of reliable evidence" against the accused regarding the offence.
The Court said that the prosecution has also failed to prove the charges against him.
"Overall conduct of the prosecutrix (the alleged victim), as discussed herein above, demonstrates that she was in love with accused (boy), who was in regular contact with the victim through a mobile phone..., had accompanied him voluntarily and the sexual intercourse between the two was with her consent," the court noted.
According to the prosecution, the girl had lodged a case against the accused alleging that he had raped her on December 20, 2012 after abducting and administering sedatives to her in a house at Agra.
"It has come in the evidence of the victim that when they reached Delhi from Agra on December 22, 2012..., the boy also reached there and stood in front of their house. This can be done only by a true lover and not by a kidnapper or a rapist.
"Even at that time also, the victim or her family members did not call the police to handover the accused to them. It indicates that they knew that accused has not committed any crime," the judge noted, while freeing him from jail.
It also observed that the girl, while staying at a house in Agra never tried to escape and tell anybody about her being kidnapped, when the boy was away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars