Delhi Court acquits youth accused of raping girl
New Delhi: A Delhi Court has acquitted a youth accused of abduction and rape of a girl after allegedly giving her sedatives, on the ground that everything between them was consensual.
Additional Sessions Judge Virender Bhat let off a Delhi resident of the charges, saying the court has not found any "iota of reliable evidence" against the accused regarding the offence.
The Court said that the prosecution has also failed to prove the charges against him.
"Overall conduct of the prosecutrix (the alleged victim), as discussed herein above, demonstrates that she was in love with accused (boy), who was in regular contact with the victim through a mobile phone..., had accompanied him voluntarily and the sexual intercourse between the two was with her consent," the court noted.
According to the prosecution, the girl had lodged a case against the accused alleging that he had raped her on December 20, 2012 after abducting and administering sedatives to her in a house at Agra.
"It has come in the evidence of the victim that when they reached Delhi from Agra on December 22, 2012..., the boy also reached there and stood in front of their house. This can be done only by a true lover and not by a kidnapper or a rapist.
"Even at that time also, the victim or her family members did not call the police to handover the accused to them. It indicates that they knew that accused has not committed any crime," the judge noted, while freeing him from jail.
It also observed that the girl, while staying at a house in Agra never tried to escape and tell anybody about her being kidnapped, when the boy was away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report