Delhi court awards Rs 34.46 lakh to accident victim`s kin
New Delhi: A Motor Accident Claim Tribunal
(MACT) has awarded Rs 34.46 lakh to the kin of an MCD employee
who was killed after being hit by a speeding bus.
Presiding Officer MACT Girish Kathpalia directed the
National Insurance Company Ltd to pay the amount to the family
members of Prabhu Dayal.
"It is proved that the deceased Prabhu Dayal died because
of the injuries sustained by him in an accident which took
place on July seven, 2008, because of rash and negligent
driving of the offending bus," the court noted.
The court computed the amount of compensation, taking
into consideration loss of income to the family of Dayal who
was working as stenographer with the civic body, among other
Dayal, 39, who was going on his motorcycle, was hit by
the bus being near Kashmere Gate here. He was taken to AIIMS
where he succumbed to injuries within four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...