Delhi court calls status report on Gupta`s complaint against CM
New Delhi: The Delhi Police were on Wednesday directed by a court here to file a status report on a complaint by BJP leader Vijender Gupta against Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit seeking registration of an FIR against her for allegedly misusing government funds in a 2008 ad campaign.
Special Judge Narottam Kaushal asked the police to file a status report and fixed the matter for August 08.
Gupta had in his complaint filed through advocate Ajay Digpaul sought registration of FIR against Dikshit and others for criminal breach of trust (Section 409 IPC), criminal misappropriation of public funds and criminal misconduct under provisions of Prevention of Corruption Act.
He had said in the complaint that the police have not taken any action against his complaint.
A similar complaint filed by RTI activist Vivek Garg will also be heard with it.
Gupta had in his complaint said in 2007-08, Dikshit was the chief Minister of Delhi and also minister in-charge of information and publicity.
"It was an election year. A number of government advertisements were published in the form of publications of advertisement in newspaper, large number of hoardings showing pictures of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Sheila Dikshit all over Delhi Metro, bus shelters and also in form of radio jingles, TV spots etc by misusing the government machinery and public funds and burdened the state exchequer in carrying out campaign of Congress party for her own political gains," the complaint had said.
The BJP leader has also referred to his complaint before Delhi Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin who had on May 22 indicted Dikshit for allegedly misusing government funds for carrying out an advertisement campaign with a `political purpose` ahead of the last Assembly polls. The complaint claimed that a circular dated May 15, 2007 was issued by the then director (information and publicity) as per which all advertisements were to be approved by Dikshit with improper and selfish motive to obtain gain or favour for herself and Congress Party squandering public funds to gain advantage for Chief Minister and her party in elections.
Even the number of advertisements issued by government increased manifold during election year, it alleged.
"Approximately Rs 22.56 crore of public funds were spend by accused for purely personal purposes and converted to her use," Gupta has said in his complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27