Delhi: Court convicts man for kidnapping minor
New Delhi: A Delhi court has held a man guilty of abducting a minor girl with an intention to marry her, rejecting his contentions that the girl had accompanied him on her own.
Additional Sessions Judge Madhu Jain convicted Bihar native Pintu Kumar for kidnapping the girl saying a minor`s "consent is no consent in the eyes of law."
"The victim was less than 18 years of age on the date of offence and therefore her consent is of no value. Defence taken by the accused that prosecutrix herself went with him is of no consequence. Consent of minor is no consent in the eyes of law.
"Prosecution has been fully able to prove its case under sections 363 and 366 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against the accused," said the judge, convicting the accused.
The prosecution case dated back to October 28, 2009 when the victim`s father had lodged a complaint with Govindpuri police station in South Delhi that his daughter has gone missing.
He had told police that he suspected Kumar of kidnapping his daughter, the prosecution said adding the police later recovered the girl from Kumar`s custody and arrested him.
Kumar had argued that the girl had accompanied him willingly and told the court that she is more than 18 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug