Delhi court employee jumps to death
New Delhi: A 25-year-old court employee committed suicide by jumping off the sixth floor of court building here Tuesday, police said.
Manish was on the staff of the district judge in Rohini Court in north Delhi.
"The incident was reported at around 8.30 a.m. Tuesday when Manish jumped off the sixth floor of the court building after cutting his veins," said a police official.
Manish was said to be upset over his relationship with a woman.
The incident occurred two hours before the court`s working hours.
According to police, Manish, who reached the court at around 8 am, climbed up to the sixth floor which does not have court rooms and jumped off.
He was taken to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'