Delhi court orders attachment of NDMC Commissioner`s office property
New Delhi: A Delhi court has directed that the car and other articles in the office of the Commissioner of North Delhi Municipal Corporation be attached and auctioned to realise the money which the civic agency has failed to pay to a registered government contractor.
Additional District Judge Ajay Goel passed the order after Rajesh Gupta, a registered government contractor, approached the court seeking payment of nearly Rs 1.68 lakh for his work and informed it that the civic agency has not paid him despite a decree by another court in 2011.
Earlier, the court had ordered attachment of bank accounts of an executive engineer of the agency but the warrant was received back with a "strange report" that only Rs 57 is outstanding in the account.
"Government agency is openly disobeying the dictate of the decree and it is to be executed simultaneously against Commissioner, North Delhi Municipal Corporation to the tune of Rs 1,68,109 along with interest. The attachment of bank account has also yielded no result.
"Accordingly, the car as well as the articles in the office of Commissioner, NDMC, Chandni Chowk/Minto Road be attached and thereafter, amount be realised by selling them in auction," Goel said.
Gupta told the court that he was awarded the work of construction of 20 seats `Jan Suvidha` complex in an area in northwest Delhi pursuant to tenders floated by then Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD).
He said for the work, only cement and steel was to be provided by the civic agency while he would ensure all other material as well as labourers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble