Delhi court upholds JJB`s order rejecting drug peddler`s juvenility
New Delhi: A Delhi court has upheld the order of Juvenile Justice Board to discard the dubious school records of a youth, arrested for allegedly selling drugs, and decide his claim of juvenility on the basis of medical examination.
Special judge Anu Grover Baliga did not find any fault in the order of the JJB rejecting the accused`s school records doubting their credibility and giving credence to the medical examination which found him to be over 20 years old.
The court was hearing an appeal by the accused saying the JJB should not have ordered an unnecessary inquiry to determine whether the records produced by the headmaster of his school in Khagaria district of Bihar were forged.
Amit was apprehended by Special Cell of Delhi Police on March 3 last year on the allegation that he, along with his associates, was selling heroin. 500 gm of the drug was also recovered from his possession.
When Amit was brought to the court of ASJ Baliga for remand proceedings, he pleaded that his date of birth is October 15, 1994 and that he was a juvenile when arrested.
Taking prima facie view of the documents furnished by Amit, the court directed that he be produced before JJB for age inquiry.
A detailed age inquiry was held by the JJB in which his school records were summoned and examined. The JJB, however, held that the record was not free from doubt, and directed that he be examined medically to assess his age.
His medical report showed him as an adult at the time of arrest and the JJB declared him an adult.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip