Delhi doctor Sanjeev Dhawan killed by maid’s lover
New Delhi: In a shocking incident, Dr Sanjeev Dhawan, a senior cardiologist working at the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital was shot dead at his residence early Wednesday by man believed to be the jilted lover of his maid.
The 43-year-old was shot dead at point blank range at his residence. As per reports, the assailant climbed up through the balcony to first floor residence of Dr Dhawan in New Rajinder Nagar at 2.45 am looking for the maid working in the house.
When he banged on the balcony door, Dr Dhawan woke up to check and was shot at four to five times. He was rushed to a nearby hospital but later succumbed to the injuries.
The killer managed to escape from the crime scene but was later arrested and indentified as one Dharmendar Kumar.
The maid, Sunita, had earlier complained to Dr Dhawan that she was being harassed by a man. They had contemplated informing the police but had decided against it.
As per reports, the killer used work as a security guard at the former workplace of the maid and wanted to marry her and had been pursuing her since then. However, what made him kill Dr Dhawan is yet unclear but the investigators believe that it may be a case of mistaken identity or a crime committed in a fit of rage.
The exact role of the maid in the case is also being thoroughly investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court