Delhi doctor Sanjeev Dhawan killed by maid’s lover
New Delhi: In a shocking incident, Dr Sanjeev Dhawan, a senior cardiologist working at the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital was shot dead at his residence early Wednesday by man believed to be the jilted lover of his maid.
The 43-year-old was shot dead at point blank range at his residence. As per reports, the assailant climbed up through the balcony to first floor residence of Dr Dhawan in New Rajinder Nagar at 2.45 am looking for the maid working in the house.
When he banged on the balcony door, Dr Dhawan woke up to check and was shot at four to five times. He was rushed to a nearby hospital but later succumbed to the injuries.
The killer managed to escape from the crime scene but was later arrested and indentified as one Dharmendar Kumar.
The maid, Sunita, had earlier complained to Dr Dhawan that she was being harassed by a man. They had contemplated informing the police but had decided against it.
As per reports, the killer used work as a security guard at the former workplace of the maid and wanted to marry her and had been pursuing her since then. However, what made him kill Dr Dhawan is yet unclear but the investigators believe that it may be a case of mistaken identity or a crime committed in a fit of rage.
The exact role of the maid in the case is also being thoroughly investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai