Delhi doctor Sanjeev Dhawan killed by maid’s lover
New Delhi: In a shocking incident, Dr Sanjeev Dhawan, a senior cardiologist working at the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital was shot dead at his residence early Wednesday by man believed to be the jilted lover of his maid.
The 43-year-old was shot dead at point blank range at his residence. As per reports, the assailant climbed up through the balcony to first floor residence of Dr Dhawan in New Rajinder Nagar at 2.45 am looking for the maid working in the house.
When he banged on the balcony door, Dr Dhawan woke up to check and was shot at four to five times. He was rushed to a nearby hospital but later succumbed to the injuries.
The killer managed to escape from the crime scene but was later arrested and indentified as one Dharmendar Kumar.
The maid, Sunita, had earlier complained to Dr Dhawan that she was being harassed by a man. They had contemplated informing the police but had decided against it.
As per reports, the killer used work as a security guard at the former workplace of the maid and wanted to marry her and had been pursuing her since then. However, what made him kill Dr Dhawan is yet unclear but the investigators believe that it may be a case of mistaken identity or a crime committed in a fit of rage.
The exact role of the maid in the case is also being thoroughly investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore