Delhi: Dog helping to find bodies from debris
New Delhi: A Labrador dog has been pressed
into service by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) to
search for victims in the debris of the collapsed building in
Though the dog, which has got special training to search
for dead and alive persons at disaster sites, could not locate
any survivor this morning, it had helped rescue workers to
find two to three bodies at the tragedy spot in Chandni Mahal
on Tuesday night.
The black labrador was trained at the National Training
Centre for Dogs in Ramgarh Bhanu village in Haryana`s
"It is trained for search and rescue operations. It has
got special training to search for dead or alive persons," Anu
Krishna, a dog handler with NDRF, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway