Delhi: Dog helping to find bodies from debris
New Delhi: A Labrador dog has been pressed
into service by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) to
search for victims in the debris of the collapsed building in
Though the dog, which has got special training to search
for dead and alive persons at disaster sites, could not locate
any survivor this morning, it had helped rescue workers to
find two to three bodies at the tragedy spot in Chandni Mahal
on Tuesday night.
The black labrador was trained at the National Training
Centre for Dogs in Ramgarh Bhanu village in Haryana`s
"It is trained for search and rescue operations. It has
got special training to search for dead or alive persons," Anu
Krishna, a dog handler with NDRF, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy