Delhi double murder: Police comes up with startling revelations
New Delhi: A day after a woman murdered her four-year son and a neighbour in Moti Nagar area here, police on Friday came up with some startling revelations.
Sudesh hacked her son Aarav with a knife, stabbed her daughter Komal and confined them in a room yesterday afternoon, a police official said today.
She then called Reena Taneja, her neighbour on the pretext of discussing some matter.
"Reena who was not aware about Sudesh`s intention reached her house where Sudesh stabbed her to death and then stabbed herself too in a bid to commit suicide.
"She also had written a note with blood in which she had accused Manoj Taneja (Reena`s husband) of being responsible for it," the official said.
Police has recovered two knives used in the commission of crime from the house where the incident took place.
An FIR under sections 302 (murder) 307 (attempt to murder) of IPC has been registered against Sudesh, police said.
The official said they would arrest Sudesh once she is discharged from the hospital.
Sudesh is the wife of one Anil Sharma who works at the Corporate Communication department of an English newspaper here.
As per information, Sudesh works as a nurse in a nearby hospital. Sudesh was living in the area with her husband and their children for past few years. They purchased the flat from Manoj Taneja who lived with his family close to their house.
Police have questioned Manoj in this respect and further investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly