Delhi earthquake: Tremors felt across NCR
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi-National Capital Region was on Tuesday jolted by a major earthquake but no loss of life or damage to property was reported.
The quake which originated on the Iran-Pakistan border sent people running out of their homes for safety in the Indian capital.
As per the US Geological Survey, the quake measured 7.8 on the Richter scale and had its epicentre on the Iran-Pakistan border at a depth of 15.2 kilometres. It was located 86 kilometres east-southeast of the Iranian city of Khash.
An aftershock of 6.3-magnitude also hit the region, the Indian Metrological Department said.
The quake was felt in Iran, Pakistan and a major part of West Asia.
Reports said tall buildings swayed in Delhi.
The tremor, which struck around 4.20 pm, lasted for several seconds.
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style