Delhi election: Poll officials hold `Democracy Run` to increase voter turnout
New Delhi: To increase the voter turnout for the upcoming Delhi Assembly polls, a `Democracy Run` was organised on Saturday by the District Election Office (East).
According to election officials, over 2,000 residents and children from east Delhi participated in the run, which was flagged off today morning from Yamuna Sports Complex.
"The event was aimed at spreading awareness among voters that they should know the value of their votes and not consider polling day as just another holiday," said an official.
"Apart from the run, artistes presented cultural programmes, including a `nukkad natak`. A flash mob also performed and sang patriotic songs," added the official.
Winners of the run were given cash prizes while senior citizens were presented with commendation letters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers