Delhi election: Poll officials hold `Democracy Run` to increase voter turnout
New Delhi: To increase the voter turnout for the upcoming Delhi Assembly polls, a `Democracy Run` was organised on Saturday by the District Election Office (East).
According to election officials, over 2,000 residents and children from east Delhi participated in the run, which was flagged off today morning from Yamuna Sports Complex.
"The event was aimed at spreading awareness among voters that they should know the value of their votes and not consider polling day as just another holiday," said an official.
"Apart from the run, artistes presented cultural programmes, including a `nukkad natak`. A flash mob also performed and sang patriotic songs," added the official.
Winners of the run were given cash prizes while senior citizens were presented with commendation letters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living