Delhi experiences showers
New Delhi: After a muggy morning, Delhiites got some relief Sunday when the city received showers bringing down the mercury.
The rains, which returned to the capital after a gap of three days, started around noon.
The city received heavy showers for nine days from August 20, reducing the monsoon deficit in a big way.
The minimum was recorded at 28 degree Celsius, two degrees above normal and up from yesterday`s 26.8 degrees.
The rain gauges measured nil for a period of 24 hours ending 8:30 am today.
According to the weatherman, the city is likely to get rains for the next two days with a dip in mercury.
Yesterday, the maximum had risen to 35.3 degree Celsius and it is expected to fall and settle at around 30 degrees on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?