Delhi experiences showers
New Delhi: After a muggy morning, Delhiites got some relief Sunday when the city received showers bringing down the mercury.
The rains, which returned to the capital after a gap of three days, started around noon.
The city received heavy showers for nine days from August 20, reducing the monsoon deficit in a big way.
The minimum was recorded at 28 degree Celsius, two degrees above normal and up from yesterday`s 26.8 degrees.
The rain gauges measured nil for a period of 24 hours ending 8:30 am today.
According to the weatherman, the city is likely to get rains for the next two days with a dip in mercury.
Yesterday, the maximum had risen to 35.3 degree Celsius and it is expected to fall and settle at around 30 degrees on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'