Delhi experiences showers
New Delhi: After a muggy morning, Delhiites got some relief Sunday when the city received showers bringing down the mercury.
The rains, which returned to the capital after a gap of three days, started around noon.
The city received heavy showers for nine days from August 20, reducing the monsoon deficit in a big way.
The minimum was recorded at 28 degree Celsius, two degrees above normal and up from yesterday`s 26.8 degrees.
The rain gauges measured nil for a period of 24 hours ending 8:30 am today.
According to the weatherman, the city is likely to get rains for the next two days with a dip in mercury.
Yesterday, the maximum had risen to 35.3 degree Celsius and it is expected to fall and settle at around 30 degrees on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Love blooms amidst wrestling! Salman Khan-Anushka Sharma look delightful in 'Sultan' new still
- Galaxy celebrates star-birth; NASA's Hubble captures skyrocket-like display! - See pic
- Two-finger test conducted on Motihari gang-rape victim despite court's ban, says NCW report
- Summer Olympic 2016: Maria Sharapova awaiting CAS approval for Rio participation
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band