Delhi experiences showers
New Delhi: After a muggy morning, Delhiites got some relief Sunday when the city received showers bringing down the mercury.
The rains, which returned to the capital after a gap of three days, started around noon.
The city received heavy showers for nine days from August 20, reducing the monsoon deficit in a big way.
The minimum was recorded at 28 degree Celsius, two degrees above normal and up from yesterday`s 26.8 degrees.
The rain gauges measured nil for a period of 24 hours ending 8:30 am today.
According to the weatherman, the city is likely to get rains for the next two days with a dip in mercury.
Yesterday, the maximum had risen to 35.3 degree Celsius and it is expected to fall and settle at around 30 degrees on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’