Delhi: Fake currency racket busted, six arrested
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Saturday claimed to have smashed a fake currency racket here after arresting six persons, including four women, allegedly with counterfeit notes having a face value of Rs 1.92 lakh.
The arrested have been identified as Ayub Miyan (33), Shrikant (23), Sabira Khatoon (30), Munni Khatoon (30), Noor Nisa (26) and Asma Khatoon (40), all residents of Bihar.
The arrests came after police received an input that the gang would be coming to Kapashera bus stand allegedly with the fake notes.
"The gang has been operating in Delhi for the last about three months. One Shakeel is the mastermind of the gang. He used to get fake currency notes from one Mehfooze, resident of Bihar," DCP (Crime) Sanjay Kumar Jain said.
Ayub has been allegedly looking after the circulation of fake currency in Delhi as a supervisor and managed accommodation for other gang members.
"After reaching Delhi, Shakeel and Ayub Mian used to give each woman, fake currency amounting to Rs 5000 for circulation in weekly markets. The women gang members used to go to weekly markets in the dusk for easy circulation to avoid detection.
"All the gang members are being given fake notes in the denomination of Rs 1000 or 500 with the direction to purchase articles for Rs 100 only so that the shopkeeper would return the maximum remaining amount to them.
"After receipt of remaining amount, they would be given a commission of 20 per cent of the currency used including the articles purchased by them. The remaining amount is deposited in a specific bank account," Jain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!