Delhi: Fake currency racket busted, six arrested
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Saturday claimed to have smashed a fake currency racket here after arresting six persons, including four women, allegedly with counterfeit notes having a face value of Rs 1.92 lakh.
The arrested have been identified as Ayub Miyan (33), Shrikant (23), Sabira Khatoon (30), Munni Khatoon (30), Noor Nisa (26) and Asma Khatoon (40), all residents of Bihar.
The arrests came after police received an input that the gang would be coming to Kapashera bus stand allegedly with the fake notes.
"The gang has been operating in Delhi for the last about three months. One Shakeel is the mastermind of the gang. He used to get fake currency notes from one Mehfooze, resident of Bihar," DCP (Crime) Sanjay Kumar Jain said.
Ayub has been allegedly looking after the circulation of fake currency in Delhi as a supervisor and managed accommodation for other gang members.
"After reaching Delhi, Shakeel and Ayub Mian used to give each woman, fake currency amounting to Rs 5000 for circulation in weekly markets. The women gang members used to go to weekly markets in the dusk for easy circulation to avoid detection.
"All the gang members are being given fake notes in the denomination of Rs 1000 or 500 with the direction to purchase articles for Rs 100 only so that the shopkeeper would return the maximum remaining amount to them.
"After receipt of remaining amount, they would be given a commission of 20 per cent of the currency used including the articles purchased by them. The remaining amount is deposited in a specific bank account," Jain said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate