Delhi: Fake placement agency busted, 3 arrested
New Delhi: Three people, including a woman, were arrested for running a fake placement agency for household helps and cheating several people, including Rajya Sabha Secretary VK Agnihotri, said police Sunday.
The accused, Mohammed Obaid, 35, Mohammed Sanaullah, 28, and Saraswati, 26, were arrested from their hideouts in the capital.
"They were involved in a number of incidents of cheating. They would charge customers for providing maids, but the help would run away after a day," said KC Dwivedi, additional commissioner of police.
The arrests took place following a complaint by Agnihotri, who stays in Tilak Marg area.
"In his complaint, Agnihotri told the police that he had contacted a placement agency in south Delhi`s Haidarpur a month ago and paid them Rs.16,000 for providing a domestic help," added the police.
"The maid, under a false name Anjali Ekka was provided June 27, but she left the house of the next day without any information," said the officer.
Sanaullah, the mastermind, revealed that he used to distribute pamphlets printed in fake names and addresses of placement services in posh colonies of Delhi and NCR and cheated people by providing them maids.
He told police that while working as a delivery boy in a maid placement service, he struck the idea of cheating people in this manner.
"He involved Obaid, his wife Sweta and a maid Saraswati in his plan," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla