Delhi feels the heat, mercury likely to cross 40-deg today
New Delhi: There was no hint of any relief from hot and humid conditions in Delhi as residents of the national capital woke up to a sweaty day with the mercury tipped to cross the 40-degrees Celsius mark.
While the minimum temperature was recorded at 30.5 degrees today at 8:30 A.M., the MeT department said the maximum is likely to settle at a notch above 40 degrees.
Humidity in air oscillated between 26 and 72 per cent.
The city may see partly cloudy skies during the daytime but no rainfall is expected before Monday, the weatherman added.
"Light showers are expected for one week starting Monday evening," a MeT official said.
Yesterday was the hottest day of the month in two years with the maximum touching 42 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened