Delhi feels the heat, mercury likely to cross 40-deg today
New Delhi: There was no hint of any relief from hot and humid conditions in Delhi as residents of the national capital woke up to a sweaty day with the mercury tipped to cross the 40-degrees Celsius mark.
While the minimum temperature was recorded at 30.5 degrees today at 8:30 A.M., the MeT department said the maximum is likely to settle at a notch above 40 degrees.
Humidity in air oscillated between 26 and 72 per cent.
The city may see partly cloudy skies during the daytime but no rainfall is expected before Monday, the weatherman added.
"Light showers are expected for one week starting Monday evening," a MeT official said.
Yesterday was the hottest day of the month in two years with the maximum touching 42 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days