Delhi Fire Services to introduce fast response vehicles
New Delhi: Delhi Fire Services (DFS) will be introducing five sophisticated vehicles and three new stations next year, when it modernises its control room also.
According to DFS Director A K Sharma, the five fast response vehicles equipped with a portable fire fighting system and other basic devices for quick response and easy maneuverability in smaller lanes will be introduced in the new
"We have already procured five SUVs and equipped them
with latest state-of-the-art fire fighting equipment as well
as GPS-enabled automatic vehicle tracking system.
"These fast response vehicles will help in improving the
response time of the fire-fighters, find the shortest route
and facilitate reinforcement," Sharma said at a seminar
`Safety Convention` organised by Institute of Engineers and
Safety and Quality Forum.
Besides introducing fast response vehicles, he said,
they were also buying another five vehicles with water-mist
technology which will help in attending to emergencies
"We are modernising with latest GPS based tracking
system. This will help in faster mobilisation mechanism as
currently a lots of time is wasted finding the location of
fire," Sharma said.
By March 2011, he said, three fire stations -- two in
East Delhi and one in the Civic Centre of MCD -- will be
operationalised. At present there are 53 fire stations in the
capital and DFS plans to add another 15 during the next
He said they have plans to make it mandatory for major
buildings to have a dedicated fire officer in the coming days.
"We also plan to make it mandatory for all buildings to get
their fire fighting certified every two years," he said.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- PHOTO: 'World boss' Chris Gayle with 'Macho boy' Sarfaraz Khan in cool pic
- FDI up 37% after launch of 'Make in India'
- Priyanka Chopra to attend White House Correspondents' dinner
- SHOCKING! 10 year-old-boy beaten up for tearing Trinamool Congress posters
- Pakistan jumps into Kohinoor controversy, says diamond was gifted to England