Delhi: First year BSc student hangs self
New Delhi: Apparently depressed over his poor academic performance, a first year BSc student of Hindu College allegedly committed suicide on Saturday, police said.
Samiran Saikia (19), who hailed from Assam, was found hanging from the ceiling in his room in North Delhi`s Model Town.
Police suspect depression due to poor academic performance drove the youth to take the extreme step.
Saikia was a student of Botany and had been living with his friends in a rented accommodation at Vijay Nagar in Model Town.
The incident came to light at around 11 am when his roommates found him hanging inside his room.
No suicide note has been found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today