Delhi: First year BSc student hangs self
New Delhi: Apparently depressed over his poor academic performance, a first year BSc student of Hindu College allegedly committed suicide on Saturday, police said.
Samiran Saikia (19), who hailed from Assam, was found hanging from the ceiling in his room in North Delhi`s Model Town.
Police suspect depression due to poor academic performance drove the youth to take the extreme step.
Saikia was a student of Botany and had been living with his friends in a rented accommodation at Vijay Nagar in Model Town.
The incident came to light at around 11 am when his roommates found him hanging inside his room.
No suicide note has been found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!