Delhi: First year BSc student hangs self
New Delhi: Apparently depressed over his poor academic performance, a first year BSc student of Hindu College allegedly committed suicide on Saturday, police said.
Samiran Saikia (19), who hailed from Assam, was found hanging from the ceiling in his room in North Delhi`s Model Town.
Police suspect depression due to poor academic performance drove the youth to take the extreme step.
Saikia was a student of Botany and had been living with his friends in a rented accommodation at Vijay Nagar in Model Town.
The incident came to light at around 11 am when his roommates found him hanging inside his room.
No suicide note has been found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years