Delhi: First year BSc student hangs self
New Delhi: Apparently depressed over his poor academic performance, a first year BSc student of Hindu College allegedly committed suicide on Saturday, police said.
Samiran Saikia (19), who hailed from Assam, was found hanging from the ceiling in his room in North Delhi`s Model Town.
Police suspect depression due to poor academic performance drove the youth to take the extreme step.
Saikia was a student of Botany and had been living with his friends in a rented accommodation at Vijay Nagar in Model Town.
The incident came to light at around 11 am when his roommates found him hanging inside his room.
No suicide note has been found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31