Delhi: Five apprehended for robbing, blackmailing businessman
New Delhi: Five youths, including a woman, allegedly robbed a man of Rs 17.50 lakh and forcibly clicked objectionable pictures of him but landed in police net after they tried to blackmail him for more money.
The arrested were identified as Ramesh Dahiya (35), a farmer, Amit (21), a wrestler who did his BA, Pawan (20), a state level boxer and Lalita, a 20-year-old housewife, MA Rizvi, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer), said on Sunday.
A minor, a Class X student who is also a wrestler, was also detained in connection with the case.
The gang had allegedly waylaid Joginder Singh in Narela on September 1 after one of them posing as a policeman stopped his vehicle for checking. They robbed him of money after forcibly taking him to a building in a secluded place.
They also forcibly took photographs of him with a woman in a compromising position and later abandoned him on a road. He later approached the police.
A fortnight later, the gang demanded Rs four lakh from Singh threatening that they will make public his objectionable pictures if he does not pay.
"On September 15, a raiding party went to Auchandi Border with fake currency of Rs four lakh. At around 10:30 PM, an SUV approached the complainant and snatched the cash bag and fled. Another car was following the SUV.
"Both the vehicles were intercepted by police after a chase. Dahiya, Amit Pawan and the teenager were apprehended. Their interrogation led to the arrest of Lalita," Rizvi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US