Delhi: Five apprehended for robbing, blackmailing businessman
New Delhi: Five youths, including a woman, allegedly robbed a man of Rs 17.50 lakh and forcibly clicked objectionable pictures of him but landed in police net after they tried to blackmail him for more money.
The arrested were identified as Ramesh Dahiya (35), a farmer, Amit (21), a wrestler who did his BA, Pawan (20), a state level boxer and Lalita, a 20-year-old housewife, MA Rizvi, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer), said on Sunday.
A minor, a Class X student who is also a wrestler, was also detained in connection with the case.
The gang had allegedly waylaid Joginder Singh in Narela on September 1 after one of them posing as a policeman stopped his vehicle for checking. They robbed him of money after forcibly taking him to a building in a secluded place.
They also forcibly took photographs of him with a woman in a compromising position and later abandoned him on a road. He later approached the police.
A fortnight later, the gang demanded Rs four lakh from Singh threatening that they will make public his objectionable pictures if he does not pay.
"On September 15, a raiding party went to Auchandi Border with fake currency of Rs four lakh. At around 10:30 PM, an SUV approached the complainant and snatched the cash bag and fled. Another car was following the SUV.
"Both the vehicles were intercepted by police after a chase. Dahiya, Amit Pawan and the teenager were apprehended. Their interrogation led to the arrest of Lalita," Rizvi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand