Delhi: Five apprehended for robbing, blackmailing businessman
New Delhi: Five youths, including a woman, allegedly robbed a man of Rs 17.50 lakh and forcibly clicked objectionable pictures of him but landed in police net after they tried to blackmail him for more money.
The arrested were identified as Ramesh Dahiya (35), a farmer, Amit (21), a wrestler who did his BA, Pawan (20), a state level boxer and Lalita, a 20-year-old housewife, MA Rizvi, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer), said on Sunday.
A minor, a Class X student who is also a wrestler, was also detained in connection with the case.
The gang had allegedly waylaid Joginder Singh in Narela on September 1 after one of them posing as a policeman stopped his vehicle for checking. They robbed him of money after forcibly taking him to a building in a secluded place.
They also forcibly took photographs of him with a woman in a compromising position and later abandoned him on a road. He later approached the police.
A fortnight later, the gang demanded Rs four lakh from Singh threatening that they will make public his objectionable pictures if he does not pay.
"On September 15, a raiding party went to Auchandi Border with fake currency of Rs four lakh. At around 10:30 PM, an SUV approached the complainant and snatched the cash bag and fled. Another car was following the SUV.
"Both the vehicles were intercepted by police after a chase. Dahiya, Amit Pawan and the teenager were apprehended. Their interrogation led to the arrest of Lalita," Rizvi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown