Delhi: Five children killed in wall collapse
New Delhi: Five children were killed and another was critically injured in east Delhi when a wall collapsed this morning, fire brigade officials said.
The incident took place in Dallupura village near Mayur Vihar Phase-III at around 10 AM.
Six children, aged below ten years, were playing in the vacant plot owned by one Vijender when the incident took place.
All of them were trapped under the debris. Rescue workers took them to hospital where five were declared brought dead.
"Five persons were killed in the incident. One person is critically injured," the officials said.
Officials said construction of a boundary wall of around ten feet height was being carried out in the plot. "The wall collapsed adjacent to Hindon drainage," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'