Delhi: Five children killed in wall collapse
New Delhi: Five children were killed and another was critically injured in east Delhi when a wall collapsed this morning, fire brigade officials said.
The incident took place in Dallupura village near Mayur Vihar Phase-III at around 10 AM.
Six children, aged below ten years, were playing in the vacant plot owned by one Vijender when the incident took place.
All of them were trapped under the debris. Rescue workers took them to hospital where five were declared brought dead.
"Five persons were killed in the incident. One person is critically injured," the officials said.
Officials said construction of a boundary wall of around ten feet height was being carried out in the plot. "The wall collapsed adjacent to Hindon drainage," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA