Delhi: Five children killed in wall collapse
New Delhi: Five children were killed and another was critically injured in east Delhi when a wall collapsed this morning, fire brigade officials said.
The incident took place in Dallupura village near Mayur Vihar Phase-III at around 10 AM.
Six children, aged below ten years, were playing in the vacant plot owned by one Vijender when the incident took place.
All of them were trapped under the debris. Rescue workers took them to hospital where five were declared brought dead.
"Five persons were killed in the incident. One person is critically injured," the officials said.
Officials said construction of a boundary wall of around ten feet height was being carried out in the plot. "The wall collapsed adjacent to Hindon drainage," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Launch of India's first indigenous reusable space shuttle from Sriharikota!
- Naseeruddin Shah wants to write tell-all book on Bollywood
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 open sale to begin at 2 pm on May 25
- Beware! Your bread may cause cancer - Chemicals found in pizzas, burgers of seven Delhi fast food outlets
- Celine Dion dedicates Billboard Icon Award to late husband