Delhi: Five children killed in wall collapse
New Delhi: Five children were killed and another was critically injured in east Delhi when a wall collapsed this morning, fire brigade officials said.
The incident took place in Dallupura village near Mayur Vihar Phase-III at around 10 AM.
Six children, aged below ten years, were playing in the vacant plot owned by one Vijender when the incident took place.
All of them were trapped under the debris. Rescue workers took them to hospital where five were declared brought dead.
"Five persons were killed in the incident. One person is critically injured," the officials said.
Officials said construction of a boundary wall of around ten feet height was being carried out in the plot. "The wall collapsed adjacent to Hindon drainage," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy