Delhi fog: 75 flights delayed, trains cancelled
New Delhi: Dense fog enveloped the national capital on Friday morning, leading to cancellation of several trains, diversion of four flights and delaying 75 others from IGI airport.
As per reports, two Jet Airway flights from Doha and Abu Dhabi and one Kingfisher flight from Dubai were diverted to Jaipur while one cargo flight from Chennai was diverted to Ahmedabad.
Ten flights were cancelled due to operational reasons or poor weather conditions at the destination. The fog started to descend around 2 AM leading to dip in the runway visibility.
The runway visibility decreased to less than 100 meters due to which flights could not depart as the permitted low visibility take off minimum is 125 meters and 150 meters for various types of aircrafts.
"Due to this flights could not take off as per their schedule," the official said.
As the visibility improved, some flights took off but again operations were stalled when visibility dipped again, he said.
According to Met department, the visibility is likely to improve after 11 AM.
Yesterday, 266 flights were affected due to poor weather conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress