Delhi fog: Flight operations unaffected at IGI
New Delhi: Flight operations were largely
unaffected at the Indira Gandhi International airport here
which witnessed shallow fog on Tuesday morning.
Though some flights were delayed, it was due to poor
weather conditions at the destinations. Most of the flights
departing from here were largely on schedule, an airport
Flights mostly to cities like Lucknow, Port Blair,
Kolkata, Patna, Chandigarh were delayed due to poor weather
Though the Met Department had predicted dense fog and
issued a warning, the airport largely remained free from fog
with runway visibility above 2,000 metres on the main runway
through the night. But the visibility started to dip around
The visibility at the new runway (29/11) and second
runway (27/09) was low, forcing authorities to implement low
According to Met Department, this is a temporary relief
as Western Disturbance (WD) is passing through the region due
to which city experiences Easterly winds during the day and
Westerly during the nights.
"The situation would become clear by December 23 or 24
when WD would pass away. We have been issuing fog warning as
fog had enveloped whole of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh since
December 6," a Met Official said.
Yesterday, more than 50 flights were delayed as dense fog
blanketed the airport causing inconvenience to passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly