Delhi fog: Flight operations unaffected at IGI
New Delhi: Flight operations were largely
unaffected at the Indira Gandhi International airport here
which witnessed shallow fog on Tuesday morning.
Though some flights were delayed, it was due to poor
weather conditions at the destinations. Most of the flights
departing from here were largely on schedule, an airport
Flights mostly to cities like Lucknow, Port Blair,
Kolkata, Patna, Chandigarh were delayed due to poor weather
Though the Met Department had predicted dense fog and
issued a warning, the airport largely remained free from fog
with runway visibility above 2,000 metres on the main runway
through the night. But the visibility started to dip around
The visibility at the new runway (29/11) and second
runway (27/09) was low, forcing authorities to implement low
According to Met Department, this is a temporary relief
as Western Disturbance (WD) is passing through the region due
to which city experiences Easterly winds during the day and
Westerly during the nights.
"The situation would become clear by December 23 or 24
when WD would pass away. We have been issuing fog warning as
fog had enveloped whole of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh since
December 6," a Met Official said.
Yesterday, more than 50 flights were delayed as dense fog
blanketed the airport causing inconvenience to passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof