Delhi fog: Flight operations unaffected at IGI
New Delhi: Flight operations were largely
unaffected at the Indira Gandhi International airport here
which witnessed shallow fog on Tuesday morning.
Though some flights were delayed, it was due to poor
weather conditions at the destinations. Most of the flights
departing from here were largely on schedule, an airport
Flights mostly to cities like Lucknow, Port Blair,
Kolkata, Patna, Chandigarh were delayed due to poor weather
Though the Met Department had predicted dense fog and
issued a warning, the airport largely remained free from fog
with runway visibility above 2,000 metres on the main runway
through the night. But the visibility started to dip around
The visibility at the new runway (29/11) and second
runway (27/09) was low, forcing authorities to implement low
According to Met Department, this is a temporary relief
as Western Disturbance (WD) is passing through the region due
to which city experiences Easterly winds during the day and
Westerly during the nights.
"The situation would become clear by December 23 or 24
when WD would pass away. We have been issuing fog warning as
fog had enveloped whole of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh since
December 6," a Met Official said.
Yesterday, more than 50 flights were delayed as dense fog
blanketed the airport causing inconvenience to passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?