Delhi Gang-rape: AAP activists protest outside Sonia`s residence
New Delhi: Around 60-70 activists of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday held a protest before the residence of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi here demanding immediate hanging of the alleged rapists of a young girl in the capital.
The protesters marched to 10, Janpath - Gandhi`s residence - from Jantar Mantar after a demonstration there and sat holding candles and shouting slogans against the government and demanding immediate action in the rape case.
The protesters demanded that the rapists of the 23-year-old girl be immediately hanged claiming that their guilt has been proved already.
"Why is the government taking a long time?" asked one of the protesters.
One carried a poster which read, "either you take quick action or there will be violent reaction."
Several groups also held candle light vigil at the India Gate here to express solidarity with the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender