Delhi gang-rape accused beaten up to prevent sitting for IAF exam
New Delhi: Vinay Sharma, one of the six accused in the December 16 Delhi gang-rape case, was on Thursday evening beaten up by the Tihar jail inmates and also allegedly by security officials.
Reports, Friday, said that Sharma sustained serious injuries and his right hand was broken.
He was then rushed to GB Pant Hospital for treatment.
Speaking to reporters today, Sharma’s lawyer AK Singh alleged that his client was beaten up to prevent him from appearing in an interview for the post of a clerk in Indian Air Force for which he had even sought court’s permission.
The incident took place hours after Sharma’s lawyer complained to the fast track court that his clients were being mistreated by the Tihar Jail inmates and accused the security officials of not providing adequate security to them.
Singh told the fast track court that Sharma and other co- accused Akshay Thakur were receiving life threats from the guards at Tihar Jail where they are lodged.
Akshay Thakur told the court of Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna that the guards posted in the ward routinely passed abusive remarks.
"Whenever the duty changes, the sentries exchange lewd and abusive remarks about us and say that we should be killed. They have threatened to kill me several times," Thakur told the court.
The court then asked Thakur`s counsel to file a written complaint in this regard.
An interim bail application was also submitted on Sharma`s behalf to let him appear for an interview for the post of a clerk in Indian Air Force.
The examination is to be held on April 7 in Subroto Park. A third application sought court direction to the jail superintendent and authorities to "prevent other lawyers" from meeting Sharma and Thakur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened