Delhi gang-rape accused being given proper medical care: Tihar jail authorities
New Delhi: The Tihar jail authorities on Thursday told a special court here that one of the accused in the December 16 gang-rape case is being given proper medical care in the hospital where he is admitted and the doctors there are not on strike.
"It has been confirmed from the guard, who is escorting/ guarding the accused Vinay Sharma at LNJP Hospital that the doctors of the hospital are not on strike and are visiting the accused regularly," the jail authorities told Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna.
The jail authorities` reply came on a plea filed by Vinay`s counsel A P Singh who had alleged that his client has been "poisoned" in Tihar jail and is critically ill.
Vinay has been hospitalised for almost two weeks now.
The judge has sought the medical record of Vinay from the doctors treating him at LNJP Hospital and said "...The exact condition of the accused is not disclosed in the report and it is stated that the medical status report of the accused shall be submitted by the treating doctor at LNJP Hospital. The said report be obtained and be filed tomorrow."
Vinay`s lawyer, has claimed his client was being poisoned in jail, an allegation that has been denied by Tihar Jail authorities.
Vinay was admitted to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital on May 4. He was suffering from high fever, sore throat and mouth ulcers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'