Delhi gang-rape accused cremated in native village
Jaipur: Delhi gang-rape case main accused Ram Singh was on Thursday cremated by his kin in Kallahdah village of Karauli district, police said.
Some villagers and his family members were present during the cremation, police sources said.
Earlier, a fast-track court hearing the December 16 gang-rape-cum-murder case today abated proceedings against Singh in view of his death.
Ram Singh, one of the prime accused in the gruesome December 16 gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus, allegedly committed suicide in Tihar Jail on March 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble