Delhi gang-rape accused cremated in native village
Jaipur: Delhi gang-rape case main accused Ram Singh was on Thursday cremated by his kin in Kallahdah village of Karauli district, police said.
Some villagers and his family members were present during the cremation, police sources said.
Earlier, a fast-track court hearing the December 16 gang-rape-cum-murder case today abated proceedings against Singh in view of his death.
Ram Singh, one of the prime accused in the gruesome December 16 gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus, allegedly committed suicide in Tihar Jail on March 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees