Delhi gang-rape accused Mukesh hospitalised
New Delhi: Proceedings in the Delhi gang-rape case was Monday adjourned for an hour when one of the accused could not be brought to the fast track court hearing the matter as as he was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital for chest pain.
Mukesh, brother of deceased accused Ram Singh, was rushed to Safdurjung hospital after he complained of chest pain during the transit from Tihar jail to Saket court complex, special public prosecutor Dayan Krishnan informed Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna.
Krishnan said he has been informed that Mukesh has been admitted.
The court which was to begin the proceedings at 2pm adjourned the matter till 3pm to wait for the hospital`s report.
Taking objection to the prosecution`s submission, Mukesh` counsel M L Sharma told the court that "something fishy is going on and I am worried about his hospitalisation due to chest pain".
He further told the court that he should be allowed to meet his client in the hospital "right now" as he does not trust the police or the doctors.
Sharma also said, as Mukesh`s brother Ram Singh died in jail, so "I don`t trust that Mukesh will be provided better medical facilities".
He also sought the court`s direction to appoint a doctor to examine Mukesh, which was turned down by the judge who said "let us wait for sometime".
The court said that Mukesh will have to come for the proceedings only if the doctors declare him fit for the same.
The other three accused, Akshay Singh, Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma were brought to the court.
All the five adult accused in the case are facing trial for allegedly gangraping and assaulting a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus here on the night of December 16, 2012. The victim later died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
Proceedings against accused Ram Singh had abated after his death, while the case against the sixth accused, a minor, is being conducted before a juvenile justice board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- After China warns India, Baloch and Sindhi leaders hail PM Narendra Modi outside Chinese embassy – Watch
- After Anil Vij, Vijay Goel announces support for Dera Sacha's sports village in Haryana
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai conferred with Khel Ratna award
- Attention cinema lovers, Will Smith was a guest at Akshay Kumar's success party! – See pics
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission