Delhi gang-rape accused Mukesh hospitalised
New Delhi: Proceedings in the Delhi gang-rape case was Monday adjourned for an hour when one of the accused could not be brought to the fast track court hearing the matter as as he was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital for chest pain.
Mukesh, brother of deceased accused Ram Singh, was rushed to Safdurjung hospital after he complained of chest pain during the transit from Tihar jail to Saket court complex, special public prosecutor Dayan Krishnan informed Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna.
Krishnan said he has been informed that Mukesh has been admitted.
The court which was to begin the proceedings at 2pm adjourned the matter till 3pm to wait for the hospital`s report.
Taking objection to the prosecution`s submission, Mukesh` counsel M L Sharma told the court that "something fishy is going on and I am worried about his hospitalisation due to chest pain".
He further told the court that he should be allowed to meet his client in the hospital "right now" as he does not trust the police or the doctors.
Sharma also said, as Mukesh`s brother Ram Singh died in jail, so "I don`t trust that Mukesh will be provided better medical facilities".
He also sought the court`s direction to appoint a doctor to examine Mukesh, which was turned down by the judge who said "let us wait for sometime".
The court said that Mukesh will have to come for the proceedings only if the doctors declare him fit for the same.
The other three accused, Akshay Singh, Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma were brought to the court.
All the five adult accused in the case are facing trial for allegedly gangraping and assaulting a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus here on the night of December 16, 2012. The victim later died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
Proceedings against accused Ram Singh had abated after his death, while the case against the sixth accused, a minor, is being conducted before a juvenile justice board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand
- Watch this video! Your stomach will churn as man puts 2 live vampire bats in mouth