Delhi gang-rape: AIIMS doctor testify against 5 adult accused
New Delhi: Two doctors from AIIMS, who had conducted the medical test of the five adult accused in the gang-rape and murder of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus here on December 16, on Friday testified before the fast track court.
Out of the four AIIMS doctors, who appeared before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna, only two of them testified as a witness for the prosecution in the proceedings held in-camera.
The accused have pleaded not guilty to charges, including rape and murder, and have claimed trial. The two were also cross-examined by the counsel for the accused persons.
The four doctors had conducted Medico Legal Certificate (MLC) test of the accused bus driver Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh, Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Akshay Singh, soon after their arrest in the case.
The court today issued summons to four persons, including two doctors of the Safdarjung Hospital, who had treated the victim, for recording of statement as prosecution witness on Monday.
Earlier, the male friend of the victim, who cannot be named due to legal reasons, had testified as a prosecution witness as the sole eyewitness to the brutal assault and gang-rape of the girl. He is yet to be cross examined by the defence.
The 28-year-old software engineer, who is the chief prosecution witness in the case will be cross-examined only when the court settles the issue of bringing the interview CD on record.
The details of the proceedings cannot be reported by the media as the court has imposed a ban on it under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report