Delhi gang-rape: AIIMS doctor testify against 5 adult accused
New Delhi: Two doctors from AIIMS, who had conducted the medical test of the five adult accused in the gang-rape and murder of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus here on December 16, on Friday testified before the fast track court.
Out of the four AIIMS doctors, who appeared before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna, only two of them testified as a witness for the prosecution in the proceedings held in-camera.
The accused have pleaded not guilty to charges, including rape and murder, and have claimed trial. The two were also cross-examined by the counsel for the accused persons.
The four doctors had conducted Medico Legal Certificate (MLC) test of the accused bus driver Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh, Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Akshay Singh, soon after their arrest in the case.
The court today issued summons to four persons, including two doctors of the Safdarjung Hospital, who had treated the victim, for recording of statement as prosecution witness on Monday.
Earlier, the male friend of the victim, who cannot be named due to legal reasons, had testified as a prosecution witness as the sole eyewitness to the brutal assault and gang-rape of the girl. He is yet to be cross examined by the defence.
The 28-year-old software engineer, who is the chief prosecution witness in the case will be cross-examined only when the court settles the issue of bringing the interview CD on record.
The details of the proceedings cannot be reported by the media as the court has imposed a ban on it under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference