Delhi gang-rape: Best medical care being provided to victim, says PM
New Delhi: The best possible medical care was being provided to the gang-rape victim now in a Singapore hospital, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Friday, assuring the people of his commitment of bringing the guilty to justice as soon as possible.
"You have my assurance that our government is committed to bringing the guilty to justice as soon as possible," the prime minister told reporters here.
The 23-year-old victim of the gang-rape in Delhi has been moved to Singapore where she continues to be in a critical condition.
When a news agency contacted the hospital officials today, they informed that the girl`s condition was the same as last night.
The victim was admitted to the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore early Thursday after her condition deteriorated in the Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued