Delhi gang-rape: Best medical care being provided to victim, says PM
New Delhi: The best possible medical care was being provided to the gang-rape victim now in a Singapore hospital, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Friday, assuring the people of his commitment of bringing the guilty to justice as soon as possible.
"You have my assurance that our government is committed to bringing the guilty to justice as soon as possible," the prime minister told reporters here.
The 23-year-old victim of the gang-rape in Delhi has been moved to Singapore where she continues to be in a critical condition.
When a news agency contacted the hospital officials today, they informed that the girl`s condition was the same as last night.
The victim was admitted to the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore early Thursday after her condition deteriorated in the Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir