Delhi gang-rape: Best medical care being provided to victim, says PM
New Delhi: The best possible medical care was being provided to the gang-rape victim now in a Singapore hospital, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Friday, assuring the people of his commitment of bringing the guilty to justice as soon as possible.
"You have my assurance that our government is committed to bringing the guilty to justice as soon as possible," the prime minister told reporters here.
The 23-year-old victim of the gang-rape in Delhi has been moved to Singapore where she continues to be in a critical condition.
When a news agency contacted the hospital officials today, they informed that the girl`s condition was the same as last night.
The victim was admitted to the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore early Thursday after her condition deteriorated in the Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon