Delhi gang-rape: BJP to meet President for special session
New Delhi: The BJP will meet President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday to press for a special session of Parliament to strengthen rape laws, the party said on Monday.
"We will request him to ask the government to convene a special session of parliament," BJP leader Sushma Swaraj told reporters.
She said the government does not want an all-party meeting on the issue. She also denounced police for "brutally" attacking Sunday women and others protesting the gang-rape of a 23-year-old woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'