Delhi gang-rape: BJP to meet President for special session
New Delhi: The BJP will meet President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday to press for a special session of Parliament to strengthen rape laws, the party said on Monday.
"We will request him to ask the government to convene a special session of parliament," BJP leader Sushma Swaraj told reporters.
She said the government does not want an all-party meeting on the issue. She also denounced police for "brutally" attacking Sunday women and others protesting the gang-rape of a 23-year-old woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test