Delhi gang-rape: Bus owner arrested
New Delhi: The owner of the bus in which the brutal gang-rape of a 23-year old girl took place on the night of December 16, has been arrested by Delhi Police on Wednesday.
Dinesh Yadav was arrested in the morning from Sector 62 of Noida, Delhi`s suburb in Uttar Pradesh, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sindhu Pillai said.
A case had been registered yesterday against the owner of the bus in which the para-medical girl was raped in the national capital by six men.
The residential proof submitted by Yadav was found false because he never lived at the mentioned address," said Pillai.
"Anant Gopal, the landlord of the property in north Delhi`s Burari, told us that Yadav never resided at his house. Yadav filed a false affidavit, claiming that he was a resident of the given address," said Pillai.
Besides the bus involved in the gang-rape crime, 10 other buses were registered in the name of Dinesh Yadav, police said.
The officer said documents of all buses owned by Yadav were being verified.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report