Delhi gang-rape: Candlelight vigil disrupted at India Gate
New Delhi: In a late night clampdown, police on Sunday night cleared protesters staging a candlelight vigil at India Gate.
Around 150-200 protesters were at the war memorial at around 10:20 PM when policemen in riot gear arrived at the scene and asked them to vacate the spot.
When the protesters refused, they were physically lifted out of the area.
The protesters then carried out a march near India Gate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India