Delhi gang-rape: Candlelight vigil disrupted at India Gate
New Delhi: In a late night clampdown, police on Sunday night cleared protesters staging a candlelight vigil at India Gate.
Around 150-200 protesters were at the war memorial at around 10:20 PM when policemen in riot gear arrived at the scene and asked them to vacate the spot.
When the protesters refused, they were physically lifted out of the area.
The protesters then carried out a march near India Gate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly