Delhi gang-rape: Candlelight vigil disrupted at India Gate
New Delhi: In a late night clampdown, police on Sunday night cleared protesters staging a candlelight vigil at India Gate.
Around 150-200 protesters were at the war memorial at around 10:20 PM when policemen in riot gear arrived at the scene and asked them to vacate the spot.
When the protesters refused, they were physically lifted out of the area.
The protesters then carried out a march near India Gate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog