Delhi gang-rape case: 1,000-page chargesheet finalised
New Delhi: Two days after the death of the 23-year-old gangrape victim, Delhi Police on Monday said it has finalised around 1,000-page chargesheet in connection with the incident and plans to submit it in court on Thursday.
A senior police official said the charge sheet, which is being vetted by legal experts, has cited 30 witnesses in connection with the December 16 incident in which the physiotherapy student was gangraped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus in south Delhi. The victim died in a Singapore hospital on Saturday morning.
Investigators said they will seek death penalty for the accused in the case.
Six persons, including a 17-year-old boy, was apprehended in connection with the incident, which evoked widespread outrage and anger and triggered violent protests in India Gate and Raisina Hill.
The chargesheet, to be filed in the Saket court, will detail the role of five men while mentioning that a separate report would be sent to Juvenile Justice Board for the trial of the minor boy allegedly involved in the case, the official said.
The chargesheet gives details about the sequence of events, the treatment, shifting of the patient to a Singapore hospital as well as her death, the official said.
Police have slapped rape, murder and other charges against the accused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'