Delhi gang-rape case: 1,000-page chargesheet finalised
New Delhi: Two days after the death of the 23-year-old gangrape victim, Delhi Police on Monday said it has finalised around 1,000-page chargesheet in connection with the incident and plans to submit it in court on Thursday.
A senior police official said the charge sheet, which is being vetted by legal experts, has cited 30 witnesses in connection with the December 16 incident in which the physiotherapy student was gangraped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus in south Delhi. The victim died in a Singapore hospital on Saturday morning.
Investigators said they will seek death penalty for the accused in the case.
Six persons, including a 17-year-old boy, was apprehended in connection with the incident, which evoked widespread outrage and anger and triggered violent protests in India Gate and Raisina Hill.
The chargesheet, to be filed in the Saket court, will detail the role of five men while mentioning that a separate report would be sent to Juvenile Justice Board for the trial of the minor boy allegedly involved in the case, the official said.
The chargesheet gives details about the sequence of events, the treatment, shifting of the patient to a Singapore hospital as well as her death, the official said.
Police have slapped rape, murder and other charges against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player