Delhi gang-rape case: 6 accused had tried to mow her down
New Delhi: The six accused in the Delhi gang-rape case had allegedly tried to mow the girl down under the bus after dumping her in south-west Delhi but her male friend saved her from being crushed.
As the Delhi Police is set to submit its charge sheet before the trial court on Thursday, more details of the horrific crime that has shaken the nation`s conscience are tumbling out.
The victim, a paramedical student, was gang-raped in the moving bus on December 16, brutally assaulted and then thrown out of the vehicle along with her male friend, a software engineer, who was also thrashed.
The girl and her friend were returning from the Saket mall after watching a film `Life of Pi` and had boarded the chartered bus at Munirka for Dwarka not knowing it was plying illegally. The minor among the accused had called for passengers telling them that it was going towards their destination.
The sources said when the girl and her friend entered the bus, they found a total of six persons who were not passengers and were known to each other.
The accused allegedly passed lewd comments at the girl to which the male friend objected to and picked up an argument.
"They asked him where he was taking her and this resulted in the argument. They first assaulted the boy with iron rods and when the girl tried to protect her friend, they beat her up also. When she resisted, they got enraged and sexually assaulted her," the sources said.
And then the accused allegedly tried to drive the bus over the girl but she was pulled aside in the nick of time by her male friend.
As she was pinned down and raped, the brave young woman put up a fight but was hopelessly outnumbered. She bit three of the men assaulting her. The bite marks on the three accused men are likely to be part of the Delhi Police`s evidence in their charge sheet, the sources said.
The sources said that 50-page charge sheet will be filed before a fast-track court on January 3. The main charge sheet will be accompanied by hundreds of pages of annexures, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border