Delhi gang-rape case: After PM’s "theek hai", Sheila says “it’s okay”
New Delhi: After Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s "theek hai" remarks drew sharp criticism, it was the turn of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit to be targetted on social media for making a similar comment on Saturday towards the end of her statement on the death of Delhi gang-rape victim.
"It`s okay," Dikshit said after reading out a statement in Hindi to reporters, expressing her condolence on the death of the young girl at a hospital in Singapore.
On social networking site Twitter, people took objection to Dikshit`s comment. "CM does a PM #Dikshit says is it Okay after recording statement," said a tweet.
"Sheila Dikshit should try Bollywood. She said "Is it ok?" after a "take" on the girl`s death. Earlier, she cried on every channel," said another tweet.
"We have too many experts on how to put your foot in your mouth," said another post.
Delhi BJP Chief Vijender Gupta criticised Dikshit for the comment and said it reflected her "insensitivity" towards the tragic incident.
"It was very unfortunate. The remarks showed the Chief Minister in poor light. They reflected the insensitivity of Dikshit towards the tragic incident," he said.
CPI National Secretary D Raja also slammed Dikshit for the remark, saying people in higher echleons must be more "humane".
"Those who are in the higher echelons of power must be more humane. They should make statements with sincerity while expressing their views on tragic incidents like this. They should be involved in what they say. Such utterances should be sincere and should not be for cameras," Raja said.
The Prime Minister`s interrogative `theek hai` remark at the end of a televised address to the nation on the Delhi gang-rape incident had drawn severe criticism on social media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug