Delhi gang-rape case: Anna calls for stricter laws
Ahmednagar: Extending his support to the protests by youths demanding justice for the Delhi gang-rape victim, anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Sunday called for stringent laws and fast-track trials in such cases.
"Youths gathered on the streets to demonstrate are passionate patriots. Their anger and the non-violent ways of demonstration shows that they have full faith in the country`s democratic system and the Constitution," Hazare told a news agency at Ralegan Siddhi, his native place in the district this morning.
"The incident of gang-rape in the national capital shows that criminal and anti-social elements are not afraid of the government machinery," he said.
"Therefore, government has to change the laws to give severe punishment to those who indulge in crime against women. Fast-track trials are needed against such crimes in the country," Hazare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India