Delhi gang-rape case: Anna calls for stricter laws
Ahmednagar: Extending his support to the protests by youths demanding justice for the Delhi gang-rape victim, anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Sunday called for stringent laws and fast-track trials in such cases.
"Youths gathered on the streets to demonstrate are passionate patriots. Their anger and the non-violent ways of demonstration shows that they have full faith in the country`s democratic system and the Constitution," Hazare told a news agency at Ralegan Siddhi, his native place in the district this morning.
"The incident of gang-rape in the national capital shows that criminal and anti-social elements are not afraid of the government machinery," he said.
"Therefore, government has to change the laws to give severe punishment to those who indulge in crime against women. Fast-track trials are needed against such crimes in the country," Hazare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan