Delhi gang-rape case: Cops who had failed to act against accused suspended
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Saturday suspended three policemen for allegedly not helping a victim of loot committed allegedly by six men involved in the gangrape of a girl on last Sunday.
The three were among eight policemen who have been suspended for dereliction of duty.
Three Constables -- Kailash, Ashok and Sandeep -- of Hauz Khas police station were suspended for not helping Ramadhar, who was looted by six men who allegedly raped the 23-year-old girl in a moving bus last Sunday.
Five personnel of Connaught Place police station were also suspended for not taking action against those who were consuming alcohol in the heart of the capital.
It came to notice during a surprise visit by Home Secretary RK Singh last night.
Sub Inspector Rajeshwar, Head Constable Inder Pal and Constables Jagmal, Pardeep and Chottelal were suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what