Delhi gang-rape case: Cops who had failed to act against accused suspended
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Saturday suspended three policemen for allegedly not helping a victim of loot committed allegedly by six men involved in the gangrape of a girl on last Sunday.
The three were among eight policemen who have been suspended for dereliction of duty.
Three Constables -- Kailash, Ashok and Sandeep -- of Hauz Khas police station were suspended for not helping Ramadhar, who was looted by six men who allegedly raped the 23-year-old girl in a moving bus last Sunday.
Five personnel of Connaught Place police station were also suspended for not taking action against those who were consuming alcohol in the heart of the capital.
It came to notice during a surprise visit by Home Secretary RK Singh last night.
Sub Inspector Rajeshwar, Head Constable Inder Pal and Constables Jagmal, Pardeep and Chottelal were suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof