Delhi gang-rape case: Cops who had failed to act against accused suspended
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Saturday suspended three policemen for allegedly not helping a victim of loot committed allegedly by six men involved in the gangrape of a girl on last Sunday.
The three were among eight policemen who have been suspended for dereliction of duty.
Three Constables -- Kailash, Ashok and Sandeep -- of Hauz Khas police station were suspended for not helping Ramadhar, who was looted by six men who allegedly raped the 23-year-old girl in a moving bus last Sunday.
Five personnel of Connaught Place police station were also suspended for not taking action against those who were consuming alcohol in the heart of the capital.
It came to notice during a surprise visit by Home Secretary RK Singh last night.
Sub Inspector Rajeshwar, Head Constable Inder Pal and Constables Jagmal, Pardeep and Chottelal were suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere