Delhi gang-rape case: Court summons lady IO
New Delhi: Pratibha Sharma, the investigating officer, who was initially heading the probe in the December 16 gang-rape, has been summoned tomorrow by a fast track court to record her crucial testimony in the case.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna directed that summons be issued for tomorrow to the lady sub-inspector who was heading the probe, which was later transferred to her senior.
The court also summoned PK Gautam, an official from CFSL, CBI for tomorrow as prosecution witness. He had on December 17 taken photographs of the bus in which the 23-year-old paramedic student was allegedly gang-raped.
Gautam has been summoned as a witness on a plea of Delhi Police following deposition of a CFSL scientific officer, who had compared the bus depicted in the CCTV footage with the photographs taken by Gautam.
These photographs were not submitted in the court by the Investigating Officer and the defence counsel argued that it was negligence on part of IO.
"...As said PK Gautam was part of the team who inspected the bus and since the same (photos) were not supplied earlier by CBI to the investigating officer and further since the photographs have now been taken on record, as the prosecution intends to complete the chain of circumstances, I feel that no prejudice shall be caused to the accused if he is summoned as witness as his deposition is essential for just decision of the case," the court said.
The court also dismissed an application of the Police for framing a charge of section 34 IPC (common intention) against the accused saying that they are already facing charge under section 120 IPC (conspiracy).
"To my mind, a person facing a charge under section 120 IPC, a substantive offence, need not be separately charged under section 34 IPC for common intention as the later may be culled out from the facts in case the former is not proved," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list