Delhi gang-rape case: Court summons lady IO
New Delhi: Pratibha Sharma, the investigating officer, who was initially heading the probe in the December 16 gang-rape, has been summoned tomorrow by a fast track court to record her crucial testimony in the case.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna directed that summons be issued for tomorrow to the lady sub-inspector who was heading the probe, which was later transferred to her senior.
The court also summoned PK Gautam, an official from CFSL, CBI for tomorrow as prosecution witness. He had on December 17 taken photographs of the bus in which the 23-year-old paramedic student was allegedly gang-raped.
Gautam has been summoned as a witness on a plea of Delhi Police following deposition of a CFSL scientific officer, who had compared the bus depicted in the CCTV footage with the photographs taken by Gautam.
These photographs were not submitted in the court by the Investigating Officer and the defence counsel argued that it was negligence on part of IO.
"...As said PK Gautam was part of the team who inspected the bus and since the same (photos) were not supplied earlier by CBI to the investigating officer and further since the photographs have now been taken on record, as the prosecution intends to complete the chain of circumstances, I feel that no prejudice shall be caused to the accused if he is summoned as witness as his deposition is essential for just decision of the case," the court said.
The court also dismissed an application of the Police for framing a charge of section 34 IPC (common intention) against the accused saying that they are already facing charge under section 120 IPC (conspiracy).
"To my mind, a person facing a charge under section 120 IPC, a substantive offence, need not be separately charged under section 34 IPC for common intention as the later may be culled out from the facts in case the former is not proved," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical