Delhi gang-rape: Case fixed for Jan 17 for scrutiny of documents
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday fixed January 17 for completion of scrutiny of documents filed with the charge sheet in the case of the December 16 gang-rape and murder of a 23-year-old girl.
Metropolitan Magistrate Namrita Aggarwal, who conducted the proceedings in-camera, extended the date after counsel for the five accused said several documents in the charge sheet are incomplete and illegible, defence lawyers M L Sharma, V K Anand, Vivek Sharma and AP Singh told reporters.
The court had earlier fixed it for today for completion of the scrutiny of the documents.
The five accused -- bus driver Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh, Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Akshay Singh -- were produced before the court in muffled faces.
The case of the sixth accused - a minor - is being heard by a Juvenile Justice Board.
The victim, a paramedical student, was brutally raped and assaulted in a moving bus here on the night of December 16, 2012 and she died of injuries on December 29 in a Singapore hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured