Delhi gang-rape: Case fixed for Jan 17 for scrutiny of documents
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday fixed January 17 for completion of scrutiny of documents filed with the charge sheet in the case of the December 16 gang-rape and murder of a 23-year-old girl.
Metropolitan Magistrate Namrita Aggarwal, who conducted the proceedings in-camera, extended the date after counsel for the five accused said several documents in the charge sheet are incomplete and illegible, defence lawyers M L Sharma, V K Anand, Vivek Sharma and AP Singh told reporters.
The court had earlier fixed it for today for completion of the scrutiny of the documents.
The five accused -- bus driver Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh, Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Akshay Singh -- were produced before the court in muffled faces.
The case of the sixth accused - a minor - is being heard by a Juvenile Justice Board.
The victim, a paramedical student, was brutally raped and assaulted in a moving bus here on the night of December 16, 2012 and she died of injuries on December 29 in a Singapore hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!