Delhi gang-rape case: Judicial officers to testify
New Delhi: The Sub Divisional Magistrate and the Metropolitan Magistrate, who had recorded the statement of the December 16 gang-rape victim, are likely to appear on Thursday before the fast court conducting the trial.
The judicial officers, who had recorded the statement of the 23-year-old victim at Safdarjung hospital here, were on Wednesday summoned as prosecution witnesses by the court.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna, who has till today recorded the statements of 27 prosecution witnesses during in-camera proceedings against the five adult accused, issued summons to the magistrates.
The two judicial officers had recorded the victim`s version of the brutal assault which is now being treated as a dying declaration against the five adult accused facing trial in the case.
The girl had died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital.
The 28-year-old male friend of the girl and the sole eyewitness to the assault is yet to be cross-examined by the counsel for the bus driver Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh, Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Akshay Singh.
The details of the proceedings cannot be reported by the media as the court has imposed a ban on it under law.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'