Delhi gang-rape case: Judicial officers to testify
New Delhi: The Sub Divisional Magistrate and the Metropolitan Magistrate, who had recorded the statement of the December 16 gang-rape victim, are likely to appear on Thursday before the fast court conducting the trial.
The judicial officers, who had recorded the statement of the 23-year-old victim at Safdarjung hospital here, were on Wednesday summoned as prosecution witnesses by the court.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna, who has till today recorded the statements of 27 prosecution witnesses during in-camera proceedings against the five adult accused, issued summons to the magistrates.
The two judicial officers had recorded the victim`s version of the brutal assault which is now being treated as a dying declaration against the five adult accused facing trial in the case.
The girl had died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital.
The 28-year-old male friend of the girl and the sole eyewitness to the assault is yet to be cross-examined by the counsel for the bus driver Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh, Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Akshay Singh.
The details of the proceedings cannot be reported by the media as the court has imposed a ban on it under law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy