Delhi gang-rape case: Police mentality needs to be changed, says Pratibha Patil
New Delhi: As an outraged nation empathised with the gang-rape victim, former President Pratibha Patil on Saturday urged for a complete overhaul of the mindset of the society.
She was speaking in an interview to TV news channel CNN-IBN.
While adding that nobody should stay quiet against such barbaric incidents, Patil also insisted that the mentality of the society as well as the Police needs to be changed.
She said, “It is something deep rooted in the psyche of the system and we need to work hard to change people`s mentality.”
When asked about what punishment should be meted out to the perpetrators of the heinous crime, Patil said, “Severest punishment should be given and the judiciary should take a call on that.”
Patil further added, “I pay my homage to the girl`s family. Her brave fight will bring a revolutionary change in the mindset of the people.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!