Delhi gang-rape case: Police mentality needs to be changed, says Pratibha Patil
New Delhi: As an outraged nation empathised with the gang-rape victim, former President Pratibha Patil on Saturday urged for a complete overhaul of the mindset of the society.
She was speaking in an interview to TV news channel CNN-IBN.
While adding that nobody should stay quiet against such barbaric incidents, Patil also insisted that the mentality of the society as well as the Police needs to be changed.
She said, “It is something deep rooted in the psyche of the system and we need to work hard to change people`s mentality.”
When asked about what punishment should be meted out to the perpetrators of the heinous crime, Patil said, “Severest punishment should be given and the judiciary should take a call on that.”
Patil further added, “I pay my homage to the girl`s family. Her brave fight will bring a revolutionary change in the mindset of the people.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley