Delhi gang-rape case: Police mentality needs to be changed, says Pratibha Patil
New Delhi: As an outraged nation empathised with the gang-rape victim, former President Pratibha Patil on Saturday urged for a complete overhaul of the mindset of the society.
She was speaking in an interview to TV news channel CNN-IBN.
While adding that nobody should stay quiet against such barbaric incidents, Patil also insisted that the mentality of the society as well as the Police needs to be changed.
She said, “It is something deep rooted in the psyche of the system and we need to work hard to change people`s mentality.”
When asked about what punishment should be meted out to the perpetrators of the heinous crime, Patil said, “Severest punishment should be given and the judiciary should take a call on that.”
Patil further added, “I pay my homage to the girl`s family. Her brave fight will bring a revolutionary change in the mindset of the people.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack