Delhi gang-rape case: Police mentality needs to be changed, says Pratibha Patil
New Delhi: As an outraged nation empathised with the gang-rape victim, former President Pratibha Patil on Saturday urged for a complete overhaul of the mindset of the society.
She was speaking in an interview to TV news channel CNN-IBN.
While adding that nobody should stay quiet against such barbaric incidents, Patil also insisted that the mentality of the society as well as the Police needs to be changed.
She said, “It is something deep rooted in the psyche of the system and we need to work hard to change people`s mentality.”
When asked about what punishment should be meted out to the perpetrators of the heinous crime, Patil said, “Severest punishment should be given and the judiciary should take a call on that.”
Patil further added, “I pay my homage to the girl`s family. Her brave fight will bring a revolutionary change in the mindset of the people.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days