Delhi gang-rape case: Police mentality needs to be changed, says Pratibha Patil
New Delhi: As an outraged nation empathised with the gang-rape victim, former President Pratibha Patil on Saturday urged for a complete overhaul of the mindset of the society.
She was speaking in an interview to TV news channel CNN-IBN.
While adding that nobody should stay quiet against such barbaric incidents, Patil also insisted that the mentality of the society as well as the Police needs to be changed.
She said, “It is something deep rooted in the psyche of the system and we need to work hard to change people`s mentality.”
When asked about what punishment should be meted out to the perpetrators of the heinous crime, Patil said, “Severest punishment should be given and the judiciary should take a call on that.”
Patil further added, “I pay my homage to the girl`s family. Her brave fight will bring a revolutionary change in the mindset of the people.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma