Delhi gang-rape case: Sixth accused Akshay Thakur arrested from Bihar
New Delhi: Akshay Thakur, the sixth absconding accused in the gang-rape of 23-year-old student in Delhi, was arrested from Bihar’s Aurangabad on Friday evening.
The girl was tortured and raped here by a gang of six men five days ago.
Five others named in the case had been earlier arrested.
The Delhi police had on December 18 arrested the driver of the chartered bus, in which the assault took place, his brother and two more people.
The police detained the fifth accused, reportedly named Raju, in Badaun, Uttar Pradesh.
While Ram Singh, the driver of the bus, Vinay Sharma, an assistant gym instructor and Pawan Gupta, a fruit seller, were arrested from the capital, Singh`s brother Mukesh was nabbed from Rajasthan.
The savage rape and torture occurred on Sunday night when the woman and her male friend boarded a private bus, used for ferrying school children, in south Delhi after watching a movie.
The bus was driven through the bustling south Delhi areas of Munirka, Vasant Vihar and Mahipalpur as the six men raped and tortured the girl and beat her friend, using iron rods and other weapons.
The couple was stripped, robbed and thrown off the bus near Mahipalpur.
The brutality of the gang-rape shook the nation and people came out on the streets to demand action against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday