Delhi gang-rape case: Victim taken off ventilator
New Delhi: The health condition of a 23-year-old girl, who was gang-raped and tortured in a moving bus here, worsened on Friday.
According to a report in CNN-IBN, platelet count of the victim has reportedly gone down, resulting in her condition to worsen.
She was taken off ventilator support but she showed early signs of infection setting in.
On Thursday, the braveheart girl asked her family members, "Have (the accused) they been caught?"
Reports said the girl cannot speak due to a tube in her mouth. She communicates by writing on paper.
Notably, the girl has lost most of her intestine after doctors performed an elective abdominal surgery on her and removed her gangrenous small intestine.
Earlier in the day, the Delhi police detained a man from Badaun in Uttar Pradesh in connection with the gang-rape.
The man, detained in a late night raid on Thursday, has been identified as Raju. He will be produced before the four men arrested to confirm his identity, an official said.
The savage rape and torture occurred on Sunday night when the woman and her male friend boarded a private bus, used for ferrying school children, in south Delhi after watching a movie.
The bus was driven through the bustling south Delhi areas of Munirka, Vasant Vihar and Mahipalpur as the six men raped and tortured the girl and beat her friend, using iron rods and other weapons.
The couple was stripped, robbed and thrown off the bus near Mahipalpur.
The brutality of the gang-rape shook the nation and people came out on the streets to demand action against the accused.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered